Callie has opinions too.
Okay, so obviously I’ve missed something major that happened…because there are a lot of angry pemberfeeled posts in the LBD tags. Like, damn.
I mean, I saw gigidarcy’s post and then Ashley and MK’s replies to it a few days ago. And from what I’ve read/seen it’s kind of got something to do with that? I can understand Ashley & MK being upset. I can. I don’t think their responses were over the top or overly rude in anyway. I think they were just expressing their opinion on the matter. I can also see that gigidarcy’s post was supposed to be a joke. I saw it as a joke when I first read it. Then I read it a second time, and didn’t really agree with it, but that’s okay because that’s my right. My opinion.
What I’m not really getting is why people are getting mad because OTHER people are having an opinion? I mean, I’m sorry but just because someone is a writer/creator/actor on a show…does that mean that they are not allowed to have an opinion on the things that we the fans say or do? I don’t agree with that. We’re perfectly fine with them when they agree with us, so why can’t they disagree with us too?
And what is this “fourth wall” thing? I don’t get that either. But whatevs. I’m not judging anyone. I’m not. You’re all entitled to your opinions, just like I am. But to tell someone “no you can’t say that” I think is wrong. I saw some where that “the fandom belongs to the fans” or something like that. Why can’t someone associated with the show be a fan of it? I just…I can’t seem to wrap my brain around it all.
Anyway. Like I said. I’m not judging. I’m really not. I’m kind of confused about wtf is going on in the fandom right meow, but I’m not saying at all that “omg you’re a horrible person why would you think that” or anything along those lines. I just think we shouldn’t judge people for having opinions, even when they’re different from our own, I guess.
37 Notes/ Hide
- darthvaderchic likes this
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- tomato-muncher likes this
- lucylivesherlife reblogged this from thefrontdesklady
- blake-wyatt said: bless. I mean, I do not condone actors shaming fans because that’s wrong on many levels, but this time I’m not getting involved because I see this as those actresses intending to ‘protect’ a friend like fans in fandoms do.
- blake-wyatt likes this
- bennetsandbowties likes this
- fullonloser likes this
- imagineagreatadventure likes this
- imeantsomethinglikethis likes this
- yesknopemaybe likes this
- donotchoosesidesyet reblogged this from thefrontdesklady and added:
- thefrontdesklady reblogged this from donotchoosesidesyet and added:
- goldfalafels likes this
- lies likes this
- endquestionmark likes this
- zataraszatanna reblogged this from thefrontdesklady and added:
- goldencages likes this
- transmutes likes this
- yesknopemaybe said: Because their opinions carry more weight, they shouldn’t go around telling fans that their thoughts or jokes are wrong. It fosters a fandom that is afraid to have the ‘wrong’ opinion or reaction. Not cool.
- erinwert likes this
- imaginarycircus said: Oh, wait. Nevermind. I didn’t see the posts until just now on my dash. There are TWO 4th wall convos going on now. SHEESH.
- unlocked-angel likes this
- alwaysdignity likes this
- donotchoosesidesyet likes this
- robinvenetia reblogged this from thefrontdesklady and added:
- tea-n-cake-or-death said: I don’t know what a fourth was is in reference to, so I can’t say anything about that. But I did think it was rude to say “if you don’t like it don’t watch it” because, while I don’t agree with the original joke, I didn’t see anything saying they hated the show because of…
- amairie likes this
- the-baadwolf likes this
- halfdazeds likes this
- itscalledetiquettedarling likes this
- stupidfacemcnerdburger likes this
- macyaudenstarr likes this